Pages

...

Thanksgiving in Pace

Sunday, December 5, 2010
I love the holiday season! It's the first one with my new husband, and i'm really excited about it! We spent Thanksgiving with the Greenes in Pensacola. It was a full house! Robyn and Alex, Zach's brother and sister-in-law, were down from Memphis, and Robyn's parents, Robert and Teri, were up from Ft. Lauderdale, FL. That was eight of us under one roof- Always fun to have a full house! We did the usual: eat, shop, watch football-- all weekend!

Thanksgiving dinner was hosted at the Greene's home. Naturally, the girls cooked inside while the boys cooked outside. We had smoked turkey thanks to Zach's Dad's smoker. Delicious!
I even got to make my family's dressing (with white bread instead of corn bread). It was my first Thanksgiving away from my parents, but I enjoyed new traditions with my new family.

Zach's parents are big Auburn fans, so we watched the Iron Bowl on Friday... War Eagle!

This was a bit strange, but I've married into an Auburn family!

And then went to celebrate the win and Zach's Mom's birthday with Aunt Barbara and Uncle Ed at Ed's Seafood Shed in Mobile.

I'm still questions Zach's judgement in this next stunt of his:

He tackled the "Yo Daddy's Sandwich" at Ed's. It's an eating contest of sorts- Zach vs Sandwich. The sandwich is a philly cheese steak with french fries, cole slaw, and a heaping pile of onion rings. Here are the before and after pictures!



The whole gang at the Shed!

And we wrapped up a wonderful Thanksgiving weekend with a Bulldog win! Hail State!


0 comments to Thanksgiving in Pace:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...