Pages

...

Greene Thumb

Sunday, March 27, 2011
So, AC and Jessie English always have the most wonderful gardens (inside and out!) I have been so inspired by the english's adorable herb gardens that I made the plunge. I denied my need for a small container garden all winter, so when the spring arrived, I knew it was time! Meet my new herb-lings!

sweet basil! so excited to make pesto =)

Cilantro... mmmm guacamole

thyme- I've been making a lot of chicken recipes that use this!


This little guy lives outside on our stairwell. I use parsley a lot in soups.


All my life I have said that I have a black thumb because I am not good with plants. So we'll see how this goes... we decided to buy plants instead of growing from seeds to give our plants the best chance for success. We don't really have any outdoor space like a balcony, so our only option was to hang plants inside. We hung the first three inside in front our our wall of windows in the florida room. They'll get plenty of sun there! We used rope and metal rings to hang our terracotta pots from hooks that were already in the ceiling.


My handy husband was a trooper going to Lowe's with me on Friday night and kind enough to break out his drill and help me with my little project. It was definitely a team effort to construct our hanging apparatus, but he will be reaping the benefits of yummy food soon! Speaking of... does anyone have some yummy recipes that call for any of my herbs???

3 comments to Greene Thumb:

Jessica said...

I am just about to plant my own little herb garden also. Brian (my husband) is super great with plants, but I am...well, not so much. =) I like your "black thumb" diagnosis because I totally relate.

I was thinking of planting the herbs in a window box... but I am curious as to why you decided to plant each herb in its own planter. Share your know-how, chica! Your post has made me reconsider...

Happy Gardening!

The Greene Scene said...

our plants reside in our "multi-purpose" room. in addition to it now being a green house, it's also my craft room, our guest room, and dining room. we hung them to keep them up and out of the way. to my limited knowledge, i don't know if planting them together or separate make a huge difference. i'd say you're fine either way!

Jill said...

These are too cute Stacy! I have a really good chicken recipe that you can use your basil in... Go to my recipe list and click on "French Chicken Saute". Everyone I've ever made it for has loved it so maybe it could be a crowd pleaser for you! {Let me know if you have any questions!}

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...