Pages

...

Freezer Burritos

Tuesday, October 11, 2011
i cannot say enough good things about this idea! i have a husband who likes to snack, and we are often on the go. the solution? freezer burritos!! set aside a couple hours, and you can make several, quick, single-serving burritos.
First, gather your ingredients. I used flour tortillas, black beans, corn salsa, cheese, and "Chipotle" rice (LOVE Chipotle burritos and the rice they use. Have you ever eaten at Chipotle before? Worlds better than Moes! Trust me! And if you're already a chiplotle-rice-lover, check on the recipe linked... it's the recipe for Chipotle's rice.) I was excited to use the rest of my homemade salsa and beans that I had soaked and cooked. You can also splash on some sour cream or hot sauce. It's also a good idea to pre-tear your foil.
The first step is to take your tortillas out of their package, wrap them in a damp kitchen towel, and microwave for 1 minute. This makes them very pliable! I'm pretty sure the next step is a no-brainer, but you fill your burrito and roll!


They should keep in the freezer for 3 months. But let me put it this way, I made these last month, and they have been long gone...


When ready to eat: remove foil, wrap in damp paper towel, microwave on high 3 minutes, wait to cool, then eat!

So easy! So delicious!

0 comments to Freezer Burritos:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...