Pages

...

Super Bulldog Weekend 2011

Tuesday, April 12, 2011
Had a wonderful weekend back in Starkville with the family (minus Zach, he had to study for a test. boo.) My parents, Kelly (my sister), Zach's parents, my brother and sister-in-law, and my aunt and uncle-in-law (is that a reall thing?) were all in Starkville for the annual springtime event, SUPER BULLDOG WEEKEND!!! I basically describe it as being a "spring homecoming". There is always an SEC baseball series, BBQ competition and football scrimage. This year, MSU played the University of Florida... I should have just grabbed a ride with the team! And for the first time (but not the last), the Greenes and the Terrys participated in the BBQ competition as Blackwater Bay Barbecue. They worked so hard but had a wonderful time! Here is a peak into their "pit":
They entered ribs and shoulder... I don't think any of us will be looking at pigs anytime soon. MSU beat UF Friday night, but UF won the next two games. Nevertheless, MSU's Left Field Lounge is still the BEST place to watch a college baseball game. Don't believe me? Sports Illustraed and ESPN think so! Annnnnnd the MAROON and WHITE game! This was exciting-- we broke the record for attendance at the spring game... over 36,000 fans! I was so happy to be counted in that! White team... Maroon team... The Egg Bowl trophy! We're so proud to have it for the second (but not last) year in a row! Anthony Dixon led the team in the Dawg Pound Rock before kick-off, and he stayed with the Maroon team for the game. Jerious Norwood was with the White team. Can I just say how excited I am for FOOTBALL SEASON????


I had such a wonderful weekend running into old friends, spending time with family, and cheering for my bulldogs!

0 comments to Super Bulldog Weekend 2011:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...