Pages

...

Pattycake

Tuesday, June 14, 2011
So I made this a little while back, and it's too unique not to share with y'all! My mother-in-law's garden is producing like crazy, so they brought us a care package of garden goodness the last time they were down. Here are the pattypan squash:

I have never ever cooked with pattypan squash before, so I headed to the internet to find a good recipe! I found some typical gratin or stuffed recipes that called for squash. But then I came across this really unique recipe for a cake. Plus, the name is just precious- Pattycake! Love it! So here it is...

::INGREDIENTS::

3/4c sugar
1 egg
1/2c flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4c nut meats (I used walnuts)
1 tsp salt
1c pattypan squash, grated
1 tsp vanilla::DIRECTIONS::
Beat egg and sugar. Add the rest of the ingredients. Pour into greased pie pan of 8 inch cake pan. BAke at 300 degrees for 45 minutes. Serve warm with ice cream or whipped topping.



It turned out to be a pretty salty cake, but that might be able to be toned down by using different nuts. I only used one round cake pan, but it might be nice to bake a couple next time and fill the cake with something sweet to counter the salty!

I also calculated the nutritional value per serving because I was curious: 8 servings, 124 calories and 1.7g fat per serving. Not too bad!

0 comments to Pattycake:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...