Pages

...

New Chapter: Starkville & Long Distance

Monday, July 9, 2012
June ended and Zach and I started our month apart. But not before we spent some good quality time together. After Zach's school ended in the middle of June and I left my job in Gainesville, we went on a cruise to the Bahamas.

We enjoyed some beach yoga on our 2nd anniversary!                                            See our cruise ship in the background. 
After the cruise, I packed up and we both headed to Pensacola to see Zach's parents for a few days. Before we knew it, it was time to head our separate ways. I was moving to Starkville for 6 months, and Zach was going back to Gainesville for the month of July to start off his 4th and last year of medical school with a rotation in Orthopedic Surgery. It's been a very time for him, and he has already worked a 38 hour shift at the hospital. I'm glad I chose to come to Starkville this month because I would not be seeing him even if we lived in the same state with that kind of schedule! In case you're wondering, Norwood came with me to Starkville! 

She insisted on riding on my shoulders for the majority of a 5 hour drive from Pensacola to Starkville. 
 I started working for my Stepdad, Tom, and help out Mom around the house by cooking and cleaning. Sierra is also here for the summer, so I've loved getting to spend time with her as well! She loves going to the pool and can't get enough of playing games. She is a lot of fun! My college roommate, Karen, had a precious little boy, Emmett, on July 2nd. One of our other roommates, Krystina, and I surprised Karen and Emmett in the hospital on the 4th of July. He is so precious, and Karen looked beautiful! She is doing great, and I'm so glad that her husband, Jared, helped us to surprise her!
Krystina, Me, Karen, and Emmett
 As for Norwood... she has adjusted quite well! She fits right in with the 2 older cats and the resident old man, Jazz, the dog. My mom says that it's so different having a younger cat around the house because she is so energetic and is always all over the place!
Cat or Stuffed Animal? 
 Things in Starkville have been great so far, and I look forward to the rest of this summer and into football season! I am going to try and blog more often, too! I've been trying out some low-carb recipes for my family- some have been great, some have been not so great. So far, the favorite has been this no-noodle zucchini lasagna. It was wonderful! There is also broccoli, cauliflower and spinach in it in addition to the zucchini that you use in place of the noodles. Sierra, my 9-year-old niece saw me making it and was certain she wouldn't like it, but after she tried it, she had 3 helpings! Trust me- it's a crowd pleaser, full of flavor, and completely guilt-free!

1 comments to New Chapter: Starkville & Long Distance:

Unknown said...

Stacey: So happy you made it "back home". I know your mom, Tom, and Sierra were all looking forward to having you "back in the nest" for awhile.

It isn't often that one gets to return home, so enjoy!

And...keep writing....keep us up-to-date on the Walker household.

Love you,

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...