Pages

...

1/2 Doctor

Tuesday, May 17, 2011
You must thing all we do it eat... seriously. (and that may be partially true) But I am taking a break from my usual cooking posts to brag on my husband! This past Sunday marked a huge accomplishment in Zach's medical career. I am so proud of him! Isn't he good looking?!A lot of medical schools give the students their white coats at the beginning of medical school, the University of Florida waits until half-way through. Zach and his classmates can really appreciate this now, and it really amps up their excitement about getting into the clinic!

The UF College of Medicine puts on this beautiful ceremony each year at the end of second year. Each student walked acrossed the stage and put on their white coat for the first time in front of their classmates, teachers, family and friends.

Zach asked me to help him put it on, and it was such a special experience! Have I mentioned how proud I am of him?????

Here they are... loyal study buddies and our future doctors! Here is Zach with his three closest friends- Brett, Tim and Justin. I've cooked many meals for these hardworking guys, and I'm so proud of each of them, too!
While we will have a deep and passionate love for our alma mater, Mississippi State, we are also very proud of the University of Florida now. Their program is recognized for the skilled doctors it produces.

Zach's parents drove down and spent the weekend with us. We love getting to see them, and their eyes filled with literal and figuative tears when Zach walked across that stage. Now on to studying for the boards... June 17th, here he comes!

0 comments to 1/2 Doctor:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...