Pages

...

Cucumber Lemonade

Monday, May 9, 2011
So, back in Roswell, GA there was this amazing restaurant, Relish. I'm so sad and shocked to find out that it is now closed! Such fond memories... Summer Brunches with Grandmother Mary, New Years Eve with Mom, Tom, and Zach, Stasia's Bridal Lunch. Their menu featured savory southern recipes with a modern spin. I loved their cucumber lemonade served in mason jars! Well, I picked up a couple delicious cucumbers at the market, so I decided to make some cucumber lemonade. It's such a refreshing summer treat! Here's how it goes...

First, wash and cut up your cucumbers.
Place in blender (you'll want to split it up into a couple batches). I'm sure you could use a food processor, too. Just keep it going until you have cucumber mush. Place in a strainer over a bowl and let it sit for about 15 minutes. I used the back of a large spoon to squish out some more juice. turn the mush over and squish some more.


Isn't this a beautiful green color? I think it looks awesome! Note: I used two large cucumbers and got 1 1/3 cups of juice.
Use the ratio 2/3 cup cucumber juice : 1 1/2 cups lemonade. Garnish with cucumber and lemon slices.
If you want to go the extra mile, serve in mason jars =)

Confession: I used crystal light powdered lemonade mix. (I am hanging my head in shame) BUT it was still delcious! So, I imagine it only gets better using fresh lemons and real lemon juice!





1 comments to Cucumber Lemonade:

Jill said...

Oooohhh this looks so refreshing! I'm gonna have to try this one!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...