Pages

...

Crafty Weekend

Sunday, May 1, 2011
What a fun, productive weekend! Zach and I went for an early morning bike ride downtown to grad breakfast. He found a restaurant, Bagels and Noodles. I admit, I was skeptical of the name, but it was delicious! I had the most amazing fresh strawberry cream cheese on my bagel- yummmm. Since the bagels were such a hit, we had to try the noodles. So, back we went after church. We ordered our usual (because we had to compare to our go-to noodle place, chopstix) Beef Pad Thai and Chicken Lo Mein. A-MAZ-ING! The real test is cold leftovers tomorrow morning, but I have a good feeling. It has a "hole in the wall" feel, and we love supporting a local restaurant.


Also, watch Food, Inc. Seriously. It will change your life.


So, Zach has been "in the zone" studying- headphones in, taping away on his computer... so a friend of mine, Kaitlyn, came over and we got crafty! I so enjoy her company, and we had a great time catching up on life and working on our project. This was my inspiration for our project. Mine is by the door for our keys, and Kaitlyn's is in her kitchen for her aprons. The mason jar will soon hold fresh blossoms =)


I went to Lowes and got a 1x8 board cut into 4 1 foot sections, 4 3" pipe clamps found in the plumbing aisle and 4 hooks-- total cost, $16. We already had jars, paint and brushes, so that part was free!

Zach drilled holes in our pipe clamps so we could hammer it into the board.
Our finished pieces! Yay!

I also re-purposed my printers tray that was once a decoration above my sewing machine into a jewelry display. Pics to come...

0 comments to Crafty Weekend:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...