Pages

...

Crock Pot Thanksgiving

Friday, August 5, 2011
So... i've had an idea! Rarely do I ever see my ideas come to fruition, but stay with me here for a little... You're probably wondering why I am thinking about a holiday that's still a few months away. Well, Zach told me he would be home at 7 the past two nights, and he's been getting home closer to 10. Pulling these 17 hour days for 6 days a week is taking a toll on the time we get to spend with one another, not to mention family and friends. This is the first year that might keep us from traveling to see family for the holidays. I started thinking, what if it's just the two of us in Gainesville for Thanksgiving? Surely there are others who don't get to go home either? And then the idea hit- Crock Pot Thanksgiving. Now, I don't have 8 crock pots. But, surely there are people out there with Crock Pots. If I could gather a few families together and provide the recipe, we could have a Crock Pot Thanksgiving together!


I've found some pretty awesome recipes and plan on trying them all in the near future. I've found recipes for a whole turkey, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, pumpkin cheesecake, mashed potatoes, stuffing, mac and cheese and apple cider. We are going to have the Mac and Cheese this weekend! Yum!


So what do you think? Is this a good idea? I'll need to find a lot of outlets!!!! What will our electric be for the month of November???

0 comments to Crock Pot Thanksgiving:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...