Pages

...

sewing crafts: COMPLETED

Thursday, August 4, 2011
i did it!!! all of the crafts in my last post have been completed, and i was on such a roll, i did a bonus project! horray! now... here is the proof:


Nora LOVES her new toy! it's filled with catnip and rice, and she can't get enough! i even made a couple for my friends' cats- i hope they like it as much as Nora does!



Nora was quite the helper on my sewing projects...





check these out!! my envelope pillow cases are amazing! i still have to make one more, but i did not have enough fabric. i used remnants that i bought at JoAnn's. the remnant bin is the first place i go because it's always 50% off and because i get overwhelmed with all the choices! seeing racks and racks of bolts of fabric- where do you even start??? so i have a little collection of fabrics, and that's what i used for the pillows! i made the striped one because i had a couple narrow pieces of fabric, but i love the way it turned out! i should have taken a picture of the the actual pillows- but they were green and brown, and i wanted an update and something with a little more color... what do you think? i probably used $2 of fabric for each pillow. sure beats buying whole new pillows!!



these are the pot holders i made for my friend. my first attempt at quilting... but i discovered that i do not like cutting fabric, so quilting may not happen to frequently. still, i'm pleased with how they turned out. i hope my friend likes them!



and for the bonus project... a journal! the cover is a cereal box covered in fabric (adhesive- modge podge)



i used some scrapbook paper... and stitched it all together...



a couple buttons and some ribbon...



adorable!



my buddy! she hung around with me the whole time!

1 comments to sewing crafts: COMPLETED:

Jill said...

Wow! Look at you! and that sweet little kitten... so much energy! haha You keep inspiring me to sew... you're so good at it! I'm not sure my brain thinks like that but we will see! ha Oh, one christmas we gave our cats a ton of catnip and they got so "drugged" one of them fell down the stairs! haha but looks like you're playing it safe by putting it in the toy!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...