Pages

...

keep calm and sing soft kitty

Wednesday, August 29, 2012
my ankle surgery was two weeks ago from yesterday. 
this is what i did the first 2 weeks post-surgery... isn't it beautiful??
on monday, i went to the clinic to have the staples removed and to be put into a walking cast. when the bandage came off, i thought i was going to loose my lunch. my mom may be a nurse, and my husband may be a doctor, but that doesn't mean that i handle this kind of stuff well. (i apologize if you are like me and have seen the pictures already.) 

8 staples on the left side and 2 staples on the ride side.
 mom assured me that it wouldn't hurt, but she was wrong! it really pinched and pulled. my anxiety even caused me to break a sweat, but it was all over before long.
mom let me squeeze her hand through it all and said i could have a treat afterwards! (i hope you "get" my big bang theory reference!)
 when the doctor said "weight-bearing" i was delighted!!
my stylish pink cast and walking shoe =) this is a new kind of platform shoe...
i overestimated my activities and ended up with some muscle cramping. we were a little afriad it might be a blood-clot, so i took it easy yesterday and have to remember to keep it elevated whenever i can. the cramping has stopped, and i now know my limitations. i'm still hoping this doesn't interfere with the first football game this weekend!


0 comments to keep calm and sing soft kitty :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...