Pages

...

Home At Last!

Monday, March 21, 2011
Home at last! And I’ve finally dug my way out from beneath a mountain of laundry. The past couple weeks have been amazing, but now it’s back to the regular routine (and I’m ok with that).

Life has been around the world and back since the Half Marathon (still can't believe I ran 13 miles without dying). The higly anticipated medical mission trip to Nicaragua was the very next weekend (blog post on that to come). We were leaving early on Saturday, March 5th. However, we were called away to a funeral a couple days before that. Grandmother Mary passed peacefully at age 90. Zach and I packed up on Thursday to drive 20 hours and spend less than 24 hours in Taylorsville, Mississippi. Funerals are usually a solemn family reunion of sorts but not "Mary B" style. We remembered funny stories and how loving she always was. She was a southern lady with impeccable timing- so glad we got to be there to say goodbye. Grandmother said she couldn't wait to get to heaven, and now she's finally there!

We drove through the night on Friday to get back to Gainesville to finish packing for our trip. 2 hours of sleep later, we were in the car headed to the Orlando airport!

We got back from Nicaragua, gloriously exhausted, late on Sunday night. The real world wasted no time in snapping us back to reality. I left for a business trip Tuesday to Friday, and Zach had a test on Friday. I left my studious husband in front of his computer, and I headed back to the airport. This trip took me to Raleigh where I got to see my old DC roommate, Noor! We spent the evening together doing the usual- Bikram Yoga (kicked my butt, as usual)and Chipotle! So good to see her and to catch up-- love those friendships where it's as if no time has passed. I hit sites all through Virginia and flew out of DC on Friday. I was making really good time, so Dad met me for an afternoon in Georgetown before my flight. I LOVE Georgetown! We had delicious crabcakes and windowshopped at my favorite Anthropologie. We topped off a perfect afternoon at Georgetown Cupcake. You know that show on TLC, DC Cupcakes? This is the store!


The line was pretty ridiculous as it went clear up the street! But we had to go- we were right here! They said it is always this crowded- from open to close. Note: If you want a successful business, get a show on TLC!

50 minutes later, we are in! Yummy-- look at all the cupcakes!!

Our selection- red velvet (dad's fav), lava fudge (my fav), st patty's day chocolate, lemon blossom- no bad choices out of the bunch! We split all four right down the middle and chowed down! My only regret is that I couldn't eat more than two cupcakes...



0 comments to Home At Last!:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...