Pages

...

my new favorite thing

Thursday, March 24, 2011
so, zach called when i was on my home tonight and told me that we might be having some company. immediately, images of overflowing laundry baskets, an unmade bed, and a sink full of dishes popped into my mind. I don't know why I've slacked off on my household duties lately... anyhoo- I didn't have very much time to whip up some treats for the boys.
I remembered this article I read in my Real Simple magazine several months back about using marshmallows instead of frosting on cupcakes. This is not the most gourmet thing I've ever baked, but it was pretty creative!

All you do, it pull the cupcakes out when there are 3 minutes left in the baking time. Put a large marshmallow on top of each cupcake and put back in oven for remaining three minutes. The marshmallows will still look like marshmallows, but they will be slightly melted. Push down slightly on each marshmallow to cover entire cupcake top. They are yummy and fewer calories than using regular frosting.

4 comments to my new favorite thing:

Becca said...

Nice Stace! I read that article too--good to know it works. I feel like I always have images of some house mess in my head...believe it or nit, I have improved from college! haha!

Becca said...

That should be "not", not "nit". Also, judging by your side column, I see that I comment profusely...hope you like it ;)

Jill said...

Oh my gosh I LOVE this idea... When I first saw the picture of the cupcakes I was wondering how you got the icing looking so perfect! thanks for sharing... I'm gonna try this.

The Greene Scene said...

they're also great for transporting because once the marshmallows have cooled, you can layer wax paper and put more cupcakes on top of the others! Anyone up for some tailgate cupcakes? perfection!

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...